Summary: It didn’t take long for the medical fraternity and general public, searching for the best diet to stay healthy, realize that protein is no less important now. EJ Dalius sheds some light on the topic.
Protein is critical for good health. The word originates from the Greek word proteos, which means first place or primary. Proteins contain amino acids that stick to one another, forming long chains. There are 20 odd different amino acids that help build thousands of distinct proteins in the human body.
In addition to doing most of the stuff in the cells, proteins also undertake various tasks, each of which is important during home quarantine.
- Growth of body and maintenance have only one macro-nutrient, protein. Your body needs it for growing and maintaining tissues. Staying healthy and strong is impossible without proper protein intake.
- A weak and depleted body is more vulnerable to the virus. Covid-19 patients take proper protein to reshape their immunity and cell balance.
- Proteins create biochemical reactions. They are enzymes aiding numerous such reactions within and outside the cells.
- These enzymes may also work outside the cells. You have sucrase and lactase as digestive enzymes that help in digesting sugar.
The physical functions that thrive on enzymes are digestion, blood clothing, and energy production and muscle contraction, Eric Dalius pinpoints.
Know the basic part
There are a few compelling reasons to consume protein and make sure there are enough protein inside the body.
- Building mass and muscle is the most fundamental aspect. When you loose muscle mass due to disease or Covid-19, protein can help restore it. It’s the biggest building block of muscles, bones, skin and cartilage.
- Additionally, your nails and hair also thrive on protein.
- Your body uses protein for repairing tissue and building it. Protein helps in oxygenation.
- Red blood cells comprise a protein compound. It carries oxygen to all parts of the body, supplying your entire body with the requisite nutrients.
- Eric J Daliusadds how protein helps you in shape. Check the diet chart of any Covid-19 patient. There’s a good amount of protein in diet.
- Consuming high-protein diet entails numerous fitness benefits.
A mega macronutrient
You don’t need to be a gym rat or fitness enthusiast to underscore the important of protein in your diet, especially during the pandemic. At a time when you need to have more home-cooked meals and avoid junk or eating out, protein is a gateway to strength and fitness.
- You need it for making hormones, enzymes, and auxiliary body chemicals.
- Like fat and carbohydrates, protein is a prominent macronutrient. The term implies that you need it in large quantities to stay healthy.
- When you need minerals and vitamins in small amounts, you need proteins at least same as your body weight.
Unlike fat and carbohydrates, which are the main energy sources, your body doesn’t store protein, EJ Dalius specifies. There needs to be regularity in your protein intake because the human body has no reservoir to store protein and use it as fuel. Protein supplementation is very crucial.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe, a music and content discovery platform designed to maximize artist discovery and optimize fan relationships. Eric is also the host of weekly podcast “FULLSPEED” which is a podcast that features interviews with groundbreaking entrepreneurs from a variety of industries.Eric is also the founder of “Eric Dalius Foundation” where he has created 4 scholarships for US based students. Follow Eric on Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn,Instagram & also on Entrepreneur.com