When thinking of a scholarship program, you have to work on various avenues to increase your financial assistance chances. Scholarships get awarded to students on merit base, sports base, or otherwise. Several scholarship programs come with different criteria. It provides you with an opportunity to find relief from financial expenditures.
According to Eric Dalius, students receive scholarships based on their academic performance, passion, and talent. Other scholarships recognize their commitment to social service and vision in the local community. Significantly, there are scholarships to assist students who have a low socio-economic background. Students struggling with their finances, or facing geographic or cultural circumstances, can apply for these programs.
Points to keep in mind before applying for a scholarship program
Education institutions provide students with financial assistance in the form of scholarships. These are avenues that need crucial attention from excellent and needy students.
• Do not miss out on the closing date: an apparent part of the scholarship application process is the closing date. You have to provide every detail along with an essay, if required, before the closing date. Missing out on the deadline can harm your education career. For this, you have to examine the scholarship program in detail.
• Think creatively: there are hundreds and thousands of applicants for a single scholarship program. In this highly competitive avenue, you have to think outside the box to grab the selection board’s attention. According to Eric J Dalius, apart from the high academic achievements, creativity, and potential needs require mention. It will make you eligible for the prize money, and you can study the course of your dream. Various educational institutions come with scholarship programs for different subjects, like social science, business, or education. When you have a proper understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, it will help you to work on those areas where you are week.
• Apply for more than one scholarship: do not limit yourself to a single scholarship program. If the scholarship criteria are similar, you can apply for others. In addition to this, you must have a clear understanding of what the panel is expecting from the candidate. The selection criteria differ from one application to the other. You have to familiarise yourself with these criteria.
• Research the donor: various donors fund a scholarship program. They can be business associates or individual entrepreneurs, or a firm or otherwise. When you research the donor on the digital platform will give you reliable input on the application process. It does half of the homework. It helps you to relate your application with their background.
• Spend time in writing the statement: the written testimony plays a crucial role in the application process. Try to stick to the word limit and be concise in your approach. You can use facts and evidence to prove your point. Further, using examples of world leaders and their quotations can help to make your essay stand out in the competition.
The essay must be optimistic and relevant, considering the competition is crucial to work on your strengths. Why you deserve the scholarship must stay established through your article. It will help your essay to stand out in the crowd.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe, a music and content discovery platform designed to maximize artist discovery and optimize fan relationships. Eric is also the host of weekly podcast “FULLSPEED” which is a podcast that features interviews with groundbreaking entrepreneurs from a variety of industries.Eric is also the founder of “Eric Dalius Foundation” where he has created 4 scholarships for US based students. Follow Eric on Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn,Instagram & also on Entrepreneur.com