Today’s era belongs to the ‘evolved consumer’. It means consumers are actively seeking information for making informed decisions. They don’t blindly trust brands anymore. Today, consumer behavior heavily depends on user-generated content, influencers, and reviews. Businesses need to stand out and compel consumers to sit up and notice them.
Eric Dalius tells the only way is to provide highly customized, targeted, and hyper-personalized experiences.
- Hyper personalization is a sophisticated version of personalized marketing, where brands can leverage AI and real-time data to generate more relevant product, service, content, and information to end-users.
- Brands like Spotify, Netflix, Starbucks, Amazon, and Walmart are embracing this mechanism going into another new year.
- There’s immense need for hyper-personalization in the current digital business landscape.
- Your message has 8 seconds to capture the users’ attention and sustain it. To get cognizance, your brand needs to break the clutter with outstanding communication.Google says that the best search findings have leapfrogged by 80% on mobile devices.
How brands are using it?
Hyper-personalization helps companies to channelize omni-channel data for driving real-time, personalized customer experiences. The average, modern-day consumer uses 2-3 digital tools.
- These digital devices help brands gather tons of information about consumer lifestyle and their online behavior. EJ Dalius says that companies need to harness the data for driving personalized consumer experiences across the commercial journey.
- Marketers need to pivot one-on-one communications with consumers because each consumer is an individual.
- Each customer has specific expectations and needs for products and services they’re purchasing.
- With hyper-personalization, your organization can ensure more meaningful and personalized interactions with customer, ensuring customer loyalty.
Starbucks is a notable example. The brand creates personalized customer interaction modules and programs. It targets each consumer individually for establishing an emotional link with the brand, which helps it create a loyal customer base and outshine its competitors.
- Many businesses are using CDPs or customer-data platforms to create hyper-personal customer experiences. CDPs can help brands create a 360-degree view of their consumers/clients to pivot hyper-personalization.
- It’s an advanced tool in the evolving marketing-technology ambit that’s enabling businesses to fuse data from numerous systems, tailor crucial micro-segments, and address each category individually.
- Businesses require CDPs for gathering the strengths of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced data analytics. It’s the prelude to embracing personalization.
Adopting it early
A recent market survey shows that only 10% of marketing honchos have completed developing a hyper-personalization strategy.
- They are the early proponents and adopters. The remaining majority is either napping or don’t have any clue about hyper-personalization.
- In addition to customer experience improvement, businesses can use hyper-personalization to apply data insights into their decision-making. Eric J Dalius says that it should be the top priority for most marketers.
- The more you enhance customer experience, the more benefits you reap. The more data you fetch about your customers, the more you understand their buying pattern or needs. It invariably improves your marketing dynamics and boosts business.
There are tactical AI apps that help in strategizing hyper-personalization. These are user experience, content curation/creation applications, and predictive analytics.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe, a music and content discovery platform designed to maximize artist discovery and optimize fan relationships. Eric is also the host of weekly podcast “FULLSPEED” which is a podcast that features interviews with groundbreaking entrepreneurs from a variety of industries.Eric is also the founder of “Eric Dalius Foundation” where he has created 4 scholarships for US based students. Follow Eric on Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn,Instagram & also on Entrepreneur.com