Every business entity, regardless of their size and scale, needs value insights and data. Big data essays a crucial role in understanding your customer’s and target audience’s tastes/needs. It helps organizations to anticipate their demands.
- Businesses need to funnel the right data effectively and analyze it properly. The right implementation of big data can help you reach the zenith of success. Eric Daliusspecifies that it’s an imperative in the current era.
- Concisely, big data combines every tool and process pertaining to the management and utilization of massive data sets.
- With big data, companies can use business analytics and decipher their valuable and loyal customers. It helps you create new products, services, and experiences.
- Big data provides a new competitive edge. Established companies and startups across industries are now using big data strategies for capturing an audience, competing in the market, and innovating new products.
- You’ve big data examples in virtually every industry, from healthcare and retail banking to IT and sports.
Incorporating it in business
Businesses need big data for risk management. Every company needs to strategically approach risk mitigation.
- Big data is the most crucial tool in this regard as it allows organizations to model and quantify challenges that can threaten their operations.
- Through big data, organizations can leverage predictive analytics and obtain an intelligent foresight to prevent risks. With this backdrop, it becomes easier to execute risk mitigation measures.
- Big data is instrumental in understanding your customers/consumers better. From social media activities to website visits, big data reveals many things about your customers. It also enables you to create buyer images/personas and customer profiles.
When you’ve an in-depth understanding of your customer, you can improve your products or/and services. Businesses can thus deliver the optimum level of customer satisfaction and build customer loyalty, asserts EJ Dalius.
- Big data makes you identity your competition and the flash points. For example, it provides information about their USP and pricing models on the basis of customers’ perception. You can also know how customers perceive your competitors.
- Additionally, you can also determine their online performance, which entails their social media engagement.
For small businesses
Most small businesses tend to believe that they don’t have the space or need for big data. This is a far-fetched conclusion as small and medium businesses too need big data, just like bigger corporations.
- Actionable insights from data are essential for any businesses to enhance profitability and efficiency.
- Small businesses with budget constraints can find big data solutions and tools. You can use them for tracking and analyzing your website users’ behavior.
- You can also use the tools to monitor and channelize customer calls and tap into the inbound calling patterns or trends. It includes frequent call problems and caller demographics, says Eric J Dalius.
- Big Data helps small businesses in reducing overall costs, increasing sales and revenue, improving pricing directives, providing a great competitive advantage, and bolstering decision-making.
Efficiency is critical to curbing costs for small brands. With big data, you can get the requisite information for underlining the inefficiencies and discrepancies in your business operations, and resolve them.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe, a music and content discovery platform designed to maximize artist discovery and optimize fan relationships. Eric is also the host of weekly podcast “FULLSPEED” which is a podcast that features interviews with groundbreaking entrepreneurs from a variety of industries.Eric is also the founder of “Eric Dalius Foundation” where he has created 4 scholarships for US based students. Follow Eric on Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn,Instagram & also on Entrepreneur.com