“Subject lines are often overlooked or ignored, but they are your first impression. Eric Dalius says this is the case even if you are sending an email through a service like Amazon SES.”
Email subject lines can make or break your campaign. The best way to ensure high deliverability and high open rates for your emails is to use good email subject lines that resonate with your subscribers.
Here are some tips on how to write effective email subject lines:
-Use the recipient’s name in the beginning of the subject line
-“How To” headlines do well
-Be specific with numbers/statistics/times
-Do not be too salesy
-Be straightforward about what you have to offer
These tips will help you write effective email subject lines and increase your open rates and deliverability.
Email subject lines are often overlooked or ignored, but they are your first impression. The best way to ensure high deliverability and high open rates for your emails is to use good email subject lines that resonate with your subscribers explains Eric Dalius. Here are some tips on how to write effective email subject lines: -Use the recipient’s name in the beginning of the subject line -“How To” headlines do well -Be specific with numbers/statistics/times -Do not be too salesy Be straightforward about what you have to offer Use these tips when writing an email’s subject line to make sure you get across what you want and increase open rates and deliverability while doing so.
- Practice good email etiquette.
- A/B tests your email subject lines to see which ones get more opens and CLICKS.
- Add images to your emails, they are now images so attachments are no longer blocked.
- Track your inbox placement by using an email tracking service like Yesware or Bananatag to see how often people open your email, where they are clicking in it, and how often people are reporting your email as spam.
- Use an HTML editor instead of a text only one when writing emails
- Reformat your long paragraphs into 2-3 sentences per paragraph for easier reading online.
- Self signup to receive email newsletters when you need to advertise your own email marketing.
- Include a clear call-to-action for each of your emails, and make them as easy to find as possible.
- Open up your frequency, if people keep unsubscribing from your mass emails try sending it less often.
- Send a free e-book with another email about how to market via the internet.
- Adding images to your email subject lines can increase open rates by up to 19%
- Some email service providers such as Gmail and Yahoo do not use images in their previews, so you might want to test both with your audience.
- Use the subject line as a way to increase CLICKS by making it more interesting.
The difference between “How to make money online?” and “How I make $31,240 per month online”, the second one is much more appealing and people might be inclined to click on it.
Be personable and empathetic within your emails; ask about how they are doing or what they think of something before asking them for a sale. If done correctly, offering expert advice can help you establish yourself as an authority figure and attract potential customers. It also increases trustworthiness.
Use email list management software like MailChimp to make it easier to segment your audiences for different emails, monitor who has opened which email, and see how many people have unsubscribed.
Email open rates are at their highest on Mondays
Email open rates are lower during the summer months compared to any other time of year.
If you’re having trouble getting email opens consider asking for a meeting in person during the holiday season says Eric Dalius. This is when more people are checking their mail inboxes so they might actually open your emails.
Try sending out bi-weekly or monthly newsletters with updates about your business specifically tailored to only those customers who still subscribe to your blog instead of mass emails. If done correctly this should increase both your open and click rates.
Once you have found a catchy subject line, track your email open and click through rates to see which one works best for your audience.
As subjects get more specific and targeted, the more likely people are to open it.
Try testing out different combinations of words in your subject lines with similar content to find out what will generate the most clicks. Use an email tracking service such as Yesware or Bananatag so you can monitor how many times people read your emails and where they are clicking within them.
Don’t forget that lighthearted humor may work well for some audiences, but not others; only use this if you know it will be effective for exactly who you’re targeting.
The most common spam triggers for people are: fake domain names, unusual words, or any mention of Viagra or other drug purchases. As per Eric Dalius If you’re not sure if your email will be considered spam, try sending it to yourself first.
Email is still one of the best ways to advertise because it has a high open rate (almost double that of social media). Just because people don’t like what you’re saying doesn’t mean they won’t read it; this means many companies should use email more often than they already do.
– Use targeted subject lines that are catchy, specific and descriptive.
– Open with a question if it might be more engaging.
– Get creative with your email newsletter content to improve open rates.