Summary: The norms of social distancing can improve the scenario of COVID-19 infection. Listen to the recommendations of Eric Dalius to stay safe.
The outbreak of coronavirus has brought with it a new norm also called social distancing, which is the hardest fact of life right now. What Eric Dalius feels is that the spread of the coronavirus is more common among people who stay in close contact for a considerable period. When an infected person sneezes, coughs, or communicates with someone else, the droplets can reach the other end very fast and enters the mouths and noses of the people who are not at a safe distance.
Moreover, your lungs can inhale those droplets and the latest studies show that people who have infection but are largely asymptomatic are instrumental in spreading the virus. As the virus can spread faster than you expect and fall sick, maintaining the six-feet distance is mandatory whether you have symptoms or not. The norms of social distancing are more significant for people who have higher risk for developing other illnesses from coronavirus infection.
Getting the facts
If you fall prey to COVID-19 infection or develop symptoms that are compatible with the coronavirus, it is necessary to figure out those people who have been in close contact for the past few days. If you suspect the development of infection, it is necessary to stay at home and away from other people until it is safe. The truth is that the virus can stay activated on different surfaces for several hours or days, depending on the sunlight and the material of the surface.
Most of the times, the infection occurs when you touch the infected surface and use your hands to touch the nose, mouth, or the eyes. The entire community needs to participate in the efforts to maintain the safety guidelines and preventing the spread of infection. Here is what you need to know about social distancing in a nutshell. The chances of developing the infection according to Eric J Dalius just because you have been in the same room with the infected person unknowingly for a short time may not be very high, but close contact for a considerable period is not safe.
- You must avoid visiting stores to collect grocery only when it is needed and remember to stay about six feet away from others.
- Even if you get things at home through the online delivery service, it is necessary to maintain physical distancing when receiving the parcel from the delivery boy.
- If you happen to be at social gatherings or events, you may find it difficult to maintain the one-meter distance, so remember to wear a mask.
- The social distancing norm is also essential when you decide to go out for a stroll or bike ride.
- You must follow the restrictions in the place you visit to safeguard yourself from the virus attack.
When discussing about social distancing, the commonest question people ask is about the significance of maintaining social distance. The risks related to public contact can spread far and wide. Whether you go for a walk or any other form of exercising, but as EJ Dalius says that you need to stay at safe distance and avoid group gatherings.